Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ala Nolan

One photographer I admire is myAla Bolan a.k.a. my stepmother. This is a photograph she took while in Cape Cod, she manages to make a house that may have been completely mundane and average and make it something mysterious. She does this through a combination of blurring the photograph and using black and white.

The blurriness of the photograph could have been an error on her part, or on perpose. I'm choosing to believe she did it on purpose. But for arguments sake, the blur could have been due to her using a low shutter speed in an attempt to get enough light.

Another photograph I like is one she named "Transgress". The photograph is what I think is two empty oil cans and the back of an old abandoned car. She conveys a sense of emptiness in this photo through the point of view and the sephia finish.






(I couldn't post bthe first photo, but here's the link. http://ninnoway.deviantart.com/art/Cape-on-the-Cape-61077686)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shanon,
    Nice post here. If you have trouble with uploading photos next week, you may want to try an upload via URL. Right-click (PC) or control-click (Mac) the image you want, select "View Image," and then copy and paste the resultant URL into the add-from-URL-box.
    -Ms. MacWright

    ReplyDelete