I really like Vik Muniz's Mona Lisa made out of peanut butter and jelly. The reason I like these images so much is because they are both extremly deatail and beautiful, but they are made out of something we normally wouldn't associate with art. I like the way he uses materials that are everyday things and make these amazing creations out of them. Muniz demonstrates that art can be both humorous and serious.

Another image I like is his version of Last Supper. Like the Mona Lisa he makes this image out of unusual materials. He made it out of sugar, wire, thread and chocolate syrup. The reason I like Muniz's work so much is because I'm not always serious (most of the time I'm not) and his work expresses that side of me.

Unfortunately, these posts are somewhat superficial/repetitive. Shanon, I know you have interesting thoughts about Vik Muniz and his work (I heard a few at the beginning of class), but this post seems to aim for the bare minimum required by the assignment guidelines. I want to hear more from you and your critical thoughts about each image. Saying you like each one, saying it is both humorous and meaningful, and explaining the materials is a start... but it is not enough.
ReplyDelete